background

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011......

It is 9:40PM on NYE and I'm on the sofa in my pjs, watching The Big Bang Theory re-runs. Matt is in the driveway, cooking collards for tomorrow. Bless his heart for not stinking up my house with them. The kids are finally asleep after staying up late because we were downtown celebrating First Night Raleigh. Exciting, huh?

I've spent a lot of time today thinking back on 2011. I can't say it was the best year on the books. The economy stinks, I've got major career stress, my MIL has had bad back issues, my grandmother has been in the hospital and a rehab facility/nursing home, my bro has been going through a few things, Lindy seems to have really slowed down. I've got a child in the "terrible two's" stage!  I feel like I could go on and on.

But I can't think of those things without quickly recalling ALL the good things in my life and all the things I have to be thankful for.....Matt and the kiddos (including L&S), my parents, family and friends, our health, our jobs, the roof over our heads and the food in our pantry. We joined a new church that we love. Matt and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary and we were able to take a wonderful tropical vacation to celebrate. One of my very best friends got married and Will and I stood beside her on her special day. Another great friend is pregnant after years of trying. Little Lee's belly is all better.  We took our first "family of four" vacation. God is GOOD.

I am so glad I started blogging this year. I can't wait to get my first blog book printed. It will find a home right next to all of my scrapbooks from years' past. A few of my favorite posts from 2011:

Dance Parties

The beginning of wardrobe battles

First Goal

Potty Perfection

Church pageant

Santa Baby

I've got high hopes AND high expectations for 2012.  Hopefully my job stuff will get figured out soon. We're going to Disney.  Will starts kindergarten. I am really going to work on being healthier and more fit. I want to get more involved at church. I want to play more with my children. I want to save more money. There are a few house projects we need to tackle. "We'll see" is my response. I know it is all in God's hands. And that is why I can sleep peacefully tonight.


Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment